Find the Best Way to Send Money from South Africa
- Join over 2.8 million customers and save up to 8x more than with your bank
- Safety is No.1, we only compare trusted providers we can guarantee are safe
- We independently compare 40+ providers to find you the best deals around
4 of the best companies for sending money from South Africa
Major banks can charge over 5% per transfer, eating into the money which should be in your pocket. We want to help you to find cheaper and easier ways to transfer, thats why our team of experts test, review and rate each provider service to find the best (and safest) options out there. Here are 4 of our experts favourite services, don't forget to use the comparison to find the cheapest deals!
OFX have been around for over 20 years, they offer better rates the more you transfer and have excellent customer service. They offer no fixed fees above $10,000 and a 2%-4% rate margin. Transfers take 1 business day for major currencies and up to 3 business days for exotic currencies.
- Best rates for large amount
- Exceptional service
- Locked in exchange rates
Best for over R150,000
They are a peer-to-peer marketplace which means you have the flexibility to wait for the best exchange rate or make an automatic transfer and they only take a small fee. They also send money to over 150 countries and are safe to use. They're a great option for larger transfers if you're not in a rush.
- Best rates for large amounts
- Can wait for better than market rate
- Send to +150 countries
Best for small amounts
Cash transfers are expensive, but WorldRemit are one of the cheapest options. With no minimum transfer amount and many different ways to receive currency in over 140 countries. They are best for sending cash to Africa and Asia.
- Cash, Mobile wallet and Airtime top-up
- Funds available in minutes
- 24/7 customer support
Best for cash
Cash transfers are expensive, but Xoom is one of the cheapest options. With no fixed fees over R150,000, they charge on average a 2%+ margin and offer a money back guarantee. Try to avoid paying by card as this can cost up to R700.
- Cash available in minutes
- Convenient pickup locations
- Regulated by PayPal