5 Trusted and Convenient Alternatives to TorFX
We’ve explored some companies that offer similar services to TorFX to see how they stack up. This gives you the opportunity to see which money transfer company is best for you.
TorFX is renowned for its excellent customer support. But when it comes to making an international money transfer, this isn’t all you need to consider. There are alternatives to TorFX that offer fantastic exchange rates, and have more user friendly websites. While they are great themselves, you might find a TorFX competitor that suits you better.
5 Similar Sites to TorFX
Below, we’ve listed 5 companies you can use as alternatives to TorFX. We’ve taken their level of convenience, cost and security into consideration so you can decide who to use for your next international money transfer.
OFX have an easy to use website and app. Which isn’t always the case with TorFX. So if you like doing everything online, they could be a good option. OFX have a large number of currencies they support and countries they can transfer between. This means they operate in most of the same countries that TorFX do.
OFX support international money transfers from over 190 countries in more than 55 currencies. If you’re making an online transfer, it is definitely worth looking at OFX as an alternative to TorFX.
Fee Free Offer
The Currency Shop has partnered with OFX to offer fee free money transfers. Click on this offer, register your details and avoid paying a fee to transfer money overseas.
- After 20 years, OFX is one of the oldest money transfer companies and they have the expertise to go with it.
- Their rates are often better than the banks, especially for larger transfers.
- 24/7 phone support.
- They have a minimum transfer amount of $250
- Receiving or intermediary banks may charge fees on transactions
Learn More About OFX
If you want to use a large and established company, XE could be the one for you. They are a really good option for making transfers online and don’t have a minimum transfer amount. Like TorFX, XE do not charge any fees. They generally have competitive exchange rates in the same way TorFX do.
Owned by Euronet and home to xe.com, the company has an incredibly wide reach. They are able to transfer money to bank accounts in many countries worldwide, and don’t charge fees no matter how much you’re sending.
- Have competitive exchange rates.
- They don't charge any fees or commission for making a transfer.
- Large and well established global reach.
Learn more about XE Money Transfers
Like TorFX, WorldRemit is a UK based company. They offer money transfer services for both individuals and businesses alike. While their headquarters is located in London, they have offices spanning throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and Africa.
WorldRemit have a maximum transfer amounts depending on where you are sending the money.
- Low fees and excellent exchange rates for transfers to India, the Phillipines, Africa and South America.
- Easy to use website and app that allows you to pay by credit or debit card.
- Great for cash pick-up.
Learn more about WorldRemit
TransferWise is a peer to peer money transfer service. This makes the way they transfer your money slightly different to TorFX. Having said this, they’re just as secure and their website is even more user friendly. The company’s headquarters is in London and they have offices in New York and Tallinn.
TransferWise is often recognised for its fast transfers and highly competitive exchange rates. As an alternative to TorFX, TransferWise is a better option for smaller transfers up to $10,000.
- Offers the real exchange rate, based on the mid-market rate.
- Fees are based on a percentage of transfer amount.
- Straightforward and easy to use online through their app.
Learn more about TransferWise
If you have an account, you may have considered making an international money transfer with PayPal. They are one of the world’s most popular payment systems to purchase goods and pay for services. It is a convenient way to transfer money to people in the same country and internationally, if they also use PayPal.
If you’re thinking of using PayPal as a TransferWise alternative, it’s important to keep a couple of things in mind. Firstly, the person you’re sending money to must also have a PayPal account. Secondly, know that TransferWise will generally be cheaper than PayPal.
- They are good for sending money within the same country, but can be expensive internationally.
- Accept a variety of payment methods.
- If you’ve used them before, the process is very straightforward.