5 Similar Money Transfer Alternatives to XE
XE is easy to use and offer good exchange rates, but other companies can do the same. In this article, we take a look at companies that offer similar services to XE to see how they stack up.
5 Similar Sites to XE
Below, we’ve listed 5 companies you can use as alternatives to XE. We’ve taken their level of convenience, cost and security into consideration so you can decide who to use for your next international money transfer.
OFX is another excellent alternative to XE. We like them because their rates and fees are generally much lower. You can also make much larger transfers with them, if you need to. However, OFX does not offer cash pick-up as an option.
OFX is also one of the larger global transfer companies. They support international money transfers from over 190 countries in more than fifty currencies. If you’re making an online transfer, it is definitely worth looking at OFX as an alternative to XE.
Fee Free Offer
The Currency Shop has partnered with OFX to offer fee free money transfers. Click on this offer, register your details and avoid paying a fee to transfer money overseas.
- After 20 years, OFX is one of the oldest money transfer companies and they have the expertise to go with it.
- Their rates are often better than the banks, especially for larger transfers.
- 24/7 phone support.
- They have a minimum transfer amount of $250
- Receiving or intermediary banks may charge fees on transactions
Learn More About OFX
TransferWise is a peer to peer money transfer service. This means the way they transfer your money is slightly different to XE. Saying that, they’re just as secure and their website is even more user friendly. The company’s headquarters is in London and they have offices in New York and Tallinn.
TransferWise is often recognised for its fast transfers and highly competitive exchange rates. As an alternative to XE, TransferWise is a great option for smaller transfers up to $10,000.
- Offers the real exchange rate, based on the mid-market rate.
- Fees are based on a percentage of transfer amount.
- Straightforward and easy to use online through their app.
Learn more about TransferWise
Like XE Money Transfers, WorldRemit is a UK based company. They offer money transfer services for both individuals and businesses alike. While their headquarters is located in London, they have offices spanning throughout Asia Pacific, Europe and Africa.
WorldRemit have a maximum transfer amounts depending on where you are sending the money.
- Very low fees and excellent exchange rates for transfers to India, the Phillipines, Africa and South America.
- Their website and app is easy to use and allows you to pay by credit or debit card.
- Great alternative when you need cash pick-up.
Learn more about WorldRemit
TorFX is a UK based company that are especially good for larger international money transfers. If you’re making a transfer of more than $30,000, they could be a good alternative to XE. TorFX don’t have any transfer fees and have excellent customer support.
They have offices spanning throughout Australia, the UK, Europe, the USA and South Africa.
- They don’t charge any direct fees or commissions.
- Access to a dedicated account manager and excellent customer service.
- Great exchange rates for transfers above $10,000.
Learn more about TorFX
If you have a PayPal account, you've probably already considered making an international money transfer with them. They are one of the world’s most popular payment systems to purchase goods and pay for services. It's a convenient way to transfer money to people in the same country and internationally, especially if they also use PayPal.
So if you’re thinking of using PayPal as an alternative to XE, it’s important to keep a couple of things in mind. Firstly, the person you’re sending money to must also have a PayPal account. Secondly, know that XE will generally be cheaper than PayPal.
- Are good for sending money within the same country, but can be expensive internationally.
- Accept a variety of payment methods.
- If you’ve used them before, the process is straightforward.