5 Alternatives to Zelle for International Money Transfer
As Zelle doesn’t offer international payments you’ll need to pick an alternative provider when you want to send money overseas. Use this guide as a starting point to help you choose the service which suits you best - and don’t forget to check out all the fees and costs before you get started to make sure you get the best deal out there.
5 alternatives to Zelle for payments abroad
Local Zelle transfers within the US are quick, easy and free, however, it has a few limitations - and isn’t the right option if you’re looking to send an international transfer. Check out these alternatives if you want to send a quick payment to a friend or family member overseas.
XE Money Transfer is the international payment service operated by XE.com - a leading currency and foreign exchange data site. You’ll be able to arrange online and mobile payments to almost anywhere in the world, 24/7.
- Send money in 139 currencies to over 220 countries and territories
- Make payments any time of the day or night from the XE app or website - your money is delivered into your recipient’s bank account for convenience
- Access live currency rates and data on XE.com so you can track the market
- Enterprise grade security to keep your money safe
- US based customer support when you need it and a 4.5/5 star rating on TrustPilot.
Learn more about XE Money Transfers
Wise lets you send money all over the world, using the real mid-market exchange rate and with low, transparent fees. You’ll instantly see the cost of your transfer, as well as how much your recipient will get into their account in the end, making it easy to compare the overall price compared to other providers.
- Send money to 80+ currencies at the mid-market exchange rate
- Payments delivered direct to your recipient’s bank account for convenience
- Fast payment processing with an estimated delivery time upon arranging your transfer
- Open a Wise multi-currency account to receive international payments for free and hold 50+ currencies
- Secure transfers which use 2 factor authentication, with 24/7 fraud prevention support
Learn more about Wise
Send money direct to a recipient’s bank account, for cash collection, to a mobile money account or even for home delivery in some countries. Remitly has a range of services with fees and exchange rates based on factors including how quickly you want your payment to be received. Pay using your bank account for the lowest fees, or link a credit or debit card for the fastest processing time.
- Send payments to over 100 receiving countries around the world from your computer or mobile device
- Depending on where your recipient is, money can be delivered to a bank or mobile money account, or received in local cash
- Fees and rates vary depending on the location, delivery method and speed of transfer you need
- Track your transfer online or using the Remitly app
- 2 factor authentication processes to keep your money safe
Learn more about Remitly
WorldRemit makes payments from the US to 140+ destinations around the world. Depending on where you’re sending to you’ll be able to have the money sent to a recipient’s bank or mobile money account, or collected in cash. In some destination countries you can even buy airtime top up for your recipient. Exchange rates and fees are available online, so you can check out the costs for your payment easily.
- Send payments online and using the WorldRemit app, for delivery to a bank or mobile money account, or cash collection
- 140+ destination countries available for payments from the US
- Fees and exchange rates set out when you arrange your payment - no hidden costs to worry about
- 95% of payments made for cash collection are available within 3 minutes
- Industry leading security technology used to keep your money safe
Learn more about WorldRemit
Open a Revolut account to exchange 28+ currencies and spend in 150 different currencies around the world. Different account options are available depending on your usage and preferences - all with smart budgeting and saving tools, analytics and a linked debit card for easy spending.
- Hold and manage dozens of currencies, including some cryptocurrencies
- Exchange currencies using the mid-market exchange rate, with a low extra fee for exotic currencies or out of hours trades
- Choose a free standard account plan or upgrade to a paid account which offers more features and benefits
- Earn interest on your savings, and unlock account management tools to help you meet your financial goals