Find the best way to send money to Moldova
If you're looking for the best way to send money to Moldova from the United States, use our list to find the cheapest, fastest way to transfer money online.
It can be time consuming to research money transfer companies and compare the best rate of foreign exchange. Our guide shows you which service has transparent fees, mobile apps and different delivery options to make your international money transfers easier.
Some of the best money transfer services to send money to Moldova from the USA
Remitly accepts credit and debit cards, and with their Express option, money can be sent within minutes. Remitly have no minimum limit so it can be handy when sending small amounts to family or friends overseas. What we like about Remitly is they are cheaper than Xoom/PayPal or Western Union. It's also easy to make payments on the Remitly website or mobile app.
How much does it cost to transfer funds to Moldova?
Transfer Fee: The fee for "Economy" is $3.99 but if you want the money sent faster, their "Express" fee is $4.99.
Exchange Rate: The exchange rate you receive depends on the amount of your transfer and which country your money is being sent.
How long does it take?
It depends on which service you choose. It's faster with "Express" but you have to pay by card and the fees are higher. It's slower but cheaper with "Economy" when you pay by bank transfer.
Is Remitly safe?
Yes they are. They are fully licensed and authorised. Click here to see our full review of Remitly.
- The person can receive their money transfer by bank deposit, cash pick up, mobile money or home delivery
- Money back guarantee if your money doesn't arrive on time
- Same-day cancellation requests are possible
- Easy to sign up and quick to transfer money on mobiles or laptops
How it works
- Log into the Remitly website.
- When you're ready for payment, just type your name, card number, expiry date and card verification details.
- Bank transfers or SWIFT payments are also available to send money from the US.
For help from Remitly and phone number: US-1-888-736-4859
WorldRemit specializes in remittances and cash transfers. Their rates are usually better than your local bank's and they offer more flexible delivery options than companies like PayPal, Western Union or MoneyGram.
How much does it cost?
Fees: Starting from USD0.99 for small amounts, the fee increases the more you send, all the way up to USD50
Exchange Rate: WorldRemit add a margin to the exchange rate.
Maximum transfer amount: USD5,000
How long does it take?
Cash transfers are usually ready for collection within minutes.
Is WorldRemit safe?
Yes they are. Learn more about how trustworthy WorldRemit are.
- Offers cash pick-up, bank deposits, Mobile Money and Airtime top-up in some countries
- Easy online platform and cell phone app
- Transparent costs with accurate calculator tool
- 24/7 customer support
How to transfer money with WorldRemit
- Create an online account and login.
- Tap in how much, how you want to transfer (cash pickup, bank deposit, Mobile Money or Airtime top-up) and where to. Enter your recipients details.
- Make local US payment to WorldRemit, using a bank transfer or your debit or credit card.
Xoom powered by PayPal
Xoom is convenient for money transfers, but costly compared to other money transfer specialists.
How much does it cost?
Transfer Fee: Differs depending on amount and how you pay them. Paying them by bank transfer is free, but if you pay by card the fee is percentage based.
Exchange Rate: A margin is added to the exchange rate when you convert your US dollars (USD) into Moldovan Leu (MDL).
Get a quote: Click here to find out the cost to send money to Moldova with Xoom.
How long does it take?
It will take 1-2 business days. Transfers submitted by 11 am EST on a bank business day will be delivered by 5 pm EST the next business day.
Is Xoom (PayPal) safe?
Yes they are. They are powered by PayPal, which is one of the oldest online payment platforms trusted for secure online money transfers.
- Safe, trustworthy, fully licensed and authorized company
- Pay recipients bills or phone reloads via app
- Regular status updates via text or email
How to transfer money with Xoom?
- Sign up to an account and login.
- Tap in how much and where to. Enter your recipients details. Enter how you would like to pay.
- Recipient receives money in bank account or in cash available for pick up at agent location.
Xoom help phone number: (877) 815-1531 (toll free) or +1 (415) 395-4225 from Moldova
Are there any minimum or maximum money transfer limits?
These vary depending on which online money transfer company you use.
For minimum transfer amounts, XE and Wise have no limits. OFX have a minimum of US$150 per single transaction.
For maximum transfer amounts, Wise has maximum limits of US$50,000 for personal accounts. For business accounts they have a maximum limit of US$250,000 in unlicensed states and up to US$1,000,000 in licensed states.
OFX and XE have no maximum transfer amounts. Meanwhile, Xoom has a limit of US$50,000 over 24 hours if you have the required documents.
How do I keep my money online safe when I send it to Moldova?
Safety is very important and all of the online companies above take their legal responsibilities very seriously. They take extreme measures to protect the sensitive data you provide them like your personal details and identification. However, it's still better to be safe than sorry. Here are some additional ways you can transfer funds safely:
- Double check privacy policies and tracking process for your money transfer provider
- Use a strong, long and unique password with a combination of uppercase and lowercase letters, numbers and symbols when you set-up your account
- Ensure your money transfer service provides two-factor authentication, including SMS or email-based security code
What information do I need to send money to a Moldovan bank account from the United States?
To wire money from the US, you will need the following information about the recipient's account:
- Recipient account holder name and full address
- Account number you will be transferring money to
- Swift / BIC code or Routing Number
How do I send money from my bank account in the US to another bank account in Moldova?
Send money from your bank account to another bank account in Moldova using these steps:
- Find the wire transfer section from the website of your financial institution.
- Check any transfer limits there might be.
- Enter the recipient’s bank details.
- Enter the amount and choose the currency you want to send your money.
- Pay the transfer processing fee - your bank can charge anywhere between US$30-80. Your recipient bank can charge as much as US$30 to receive the money.
- Find out how long it will take for your transfer to arrive.
Do all money transfer companies have a mobile phone app?
Yes. When you have an account with any of the online money transfer services highlighted above, you can make transfers through their website, or via their iOS Apple and Android apps. However, some are easier to use than others.
What other common countries or currencies can I send money to from the US?
The most common countries or currencies money is sent to from the US includes: Mexico (MXN), China (CNY), India (INR), Germany (EUR), France (EUR), South Korea (KRW), United Kingdom (GBP), Japan, (JPY), Italy (EUR), Canada (CAD) and Australia (AUD).
Send money to and from the United States with these guides
Your currency knowledge centre
How to Easily Receive Money from Overseas
There are 3 main ways most people receive money from overseas. Find out the most common fees, exchange rates and money traps to avoid.
The Absolute Best 6 Money Transfer Services
Finding the best money transfer services in the US can be challenging. We reviewed over 30 banks and online money transfer companies to give your our list of the best service to send money overseas.
International Bank Wires: Your Best Options in 2019 Compared
Wire transfers let you send thousands of dollars, to almost any other bank account in the world. There’s just one catch. Transfers through your bank are expensive—really expensive.
General advice: The information on this site is of a general nature only. It does not take your specific needs or circumstances into consideration. You should look at your own personal situation and requirements before making any financial decisions.